GoGameGo would like to convince online gamers, that it is a useful browser extension, if you want to; to play some games or easily access popular sites However, we have found that this tool sets a number of questionable properties on the day. That’s why we have classified it as a potentially unwanted program, a PUP. Although this extension on Mozilla Firefox has worked, it seems to affect now only on Google Chrome. The installation of this application means that your browser settings are changed, i.e.. Your new tab, your home and your search provider settings. But this kind of change is not good for you. If you let this PUP into your system, it is indeed, as you would install a small time bomb without a visible timer, so that you may not know, when she exploded. Even if this “bomb” may cause doesn’t do too much damage, you should know definitely about the potential risks, which you enter by this extension on your computer. We advise you to remove GoGameGo if you want to keep your PC safe.
There are some ways how this useless and potentially harmful PUP in your computer can get into it. Based on reports and studies, we think that the most likely way to be infected, with this tool is to download a free software package or a manipulated pop up ads to click. Scammers love to put together a series of malicious software installers and PUPs in bundles to infect unsuspecting computer users. These bundles are located mostly on questionable websites that have to do with pornography and file sharing. Therefore, you must be very careful when you land on these sites. If it is an unknown page, it is quite possible that you will click on malicious content, such as third-party banner or pop up ads. This can easily cause you to download a whole package of PUPs and malware threats.
It is also possible that there are one or more adware programs on your computer, that display an infected ad while you surf the Web, and that you click on it. One click can radically alter the security level of your operating system. For this reason, we recommend you to stay away from unknown and suspicious Web sites, as well as third-party advertisements. If you find this PUP on your computer, you should scan your system even after other threats, but first it would be best to delete GoGameGo, to be sure.
We also noticed that is the official source for this annoying PUP GoGameGo.thewhizproducts.com. This page offers you a new tab tool for your Google Chrome browser that supposedly allows you to play “free games” (“unlimited free games”). We have however noted that it rather is this alleged “Siro” really simple and annoying games, not to mention the fact that the games and the related sites that are advertised by this PUP, are full of potentially unreliable third-party ads, that you should never click. To install this extension, means that your home page, new tab page and default search engine is set to modified and questionable mysearch.com search page. At the top you can access directly on some games, as well as on some pages with online games.
Because this actually is a search page, which by the way on screen very similar to lakes, you can search through this tool obviously also on the Web. We discourage you however. In fact, this is an unreliable search engine, which may expose you to malicious search results. It is possible that this PUP change the results, by it inserts some potentially insecure third-party ads and links. When you click on such content, you could be redirected to false and malicious Web sites. and for that you will have to pay a price. You could throw for example the download of other infections. However, there are many methods how to outwit these criminals or cheat. It is possible that you click on an offer that seems relevant, and are on a wrong side of online shop found, where you give out your bank account information. This PUP might be able to collect information about your browsing habits, whereby third parties could show you tailor-made advertisements or links. We think that your computer would be safer if you would remove GoGameGo. So let us help you too.
Actually, this PUP offers the link “Restore my old Chrome new tab page” (“my old Chrome new tab page restore”) that disables its functionality. Of course, he will not delete GoGameGo but what would be a better option, if you there is something on your virtual security. If you don’t know how to remove browser extensions, please follow our instructions below. It is really easy; so if you are an inexperienced computer user, you can do this in a minute. From time to time, multiple malware infections could find a way into your computer, and you want to protect your system effectively. Therefore, we advise you to use a trusted anti-malware application that automatically takes care of all your security-related problems.
How to remove GoGameGo from your browser
- Press Alt + F and go to settings.
- On the left side, select Extensions.
- Click Click the Trashicon of unwanted extension.
- In the confirmation window, click Remove.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in GoGameGo.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Installs itself without permissions
- Integrates into the web browser via the GoGameGo browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common GoGameGo behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- GoGameGo Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
GoGameGo effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1021%
- Windows 829%
- Windows 724%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP18%
Eliminate GoGameGo from Windows
Delete GoGameGo from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove GoGameGo from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase GoGameGo from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete GoGameGo from Your Browsers
GoGameGo Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase GoGameGo from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate GoGameGo from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).